PSEO Psychology Courses
General Psychology - PSYC 125 - 3 credits (spring 2016)
Professor: Jack MacKinnon
||This course is the pre-requisite to all other psychology courses
||One semester course offered spring semester 2016 only
|This course is an overview of psychology. It involves a study of its fundamental concepts including development, heredity, environment, personality, motivation, emotion, stress and adjustments, sensation and perception, theory psychological measurement and psycho-therapy.
- The student will become familiar with fundamental concepts or principles in psychology
- The student will acquire basic knowledge in the discipline of psychology.
- The student will become familiar with the basic processes of scientific research.
- The student will think critically about human behavior, theory, and research.
- The student will consider issues relevant to the integration of psychology and theology.
- The student will develop ways of integrating psychology and everyday life (i.e. ministry, parenting, personal growth, relationships, etc.)
- The student will be stimulated to further consider issues in psychology.
Materials: (provided at no charge to PSEO students)
- Myers, D.. Exploring Psychology (latest edition), New York: Worth Publishers.
- Myers, D., & Jeeves, M. (2003) Psychology through the eyes of faith (2nd edition). San Francisco: HarperCollins.
- Course Manual
|Course application and transferability:
- NCU General Education Core in Social Relations
- MN Transfer Credits: General Education Category in History, Social and Behavioral Sciences
- All tuition and text materials costs for this course are paid to NCU by MN PSEO funding.
- Adjunct professors are paid by NCU.
- Fee for this 3 credit course is $15.00 ($5.00 per credit) plus a $20.00 one-time/student/semester initial administrative processing fee.
- WEST fees will be billed online as one lump sum to the student's family upon acceptance of the student to his/her PSEO NCU courses at WEST.